Operations Coordinator, Payments and Fraud
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Process Optimization. Enhance our existing payments & fraud processes by centralizing initiatives across cities and regions, scale the processes to improve execution speed and minimize errors, reduce time and money spend.
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features and products which could enhance our capacity and efficiency and help grow our driver base while minimizing operational burden
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of our marketplace, rider, and partner behavior to identify and eliminate risk exposure from fraudulent behavior
- Partner Relations. Manage partner education on payments process and anti-fraud measures to help them avoid developing non-compliant behaviors.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in the country and do whatever it takes to get the jo done
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and experimentation
- Process orientation and the ability to understand the complex systems needed to meet business requirements in a hyper growth company
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar field
- 1-2 years of work experience with strong track record in time management and project prioritization
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver-partners
- SQL knowledge a strong plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top