Operations Coordinator - Nairobi
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building a best in class experience for them across Sub Saharan Africa. Our Operations team help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community.
The East African team is looking for someone who will develop/optimise processes across SSA and drive the strategic decision making process through your heavily data-driven/analytical approach and operational mindset. The ideal candidate for this role should have exemplary analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analytics. Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with progressive timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement. Diligently search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Partner Relations. Manage driver relationships, identify and take on problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards.
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system.
- Be Resourceful. Find resolutions to driver issues and questions
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar field.
- Min. 1 year of Strategy Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to guide and support business decisions.
- Superb organisational skills and great follow through on tasks
- To be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an environment of high growth and continual change
- Experience with Excel, plenty of experience working with data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber trips every month.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top