We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As the Operations Co-ordinator for Places in Chennai, you will envision and implement a roadmap and strategy for increasing Uber's salience at high footfall places across the city - Transit hubs, Commercial and Office spaces
Your end goal would be to make business from Places across Chennai a high growth and profitable business, underlined with a magical customer experience. You will be leading all rider and supply growth, marketing, product and partnership efforts for places in Chennai. You will have close responsibility for the growth of the business and collaborate with Central Marketing, Central Ops and BD Teams in IndiaSA region. This is a flexible, cross functional role and you'll draw on both your excellent analytic skills and your dependable interpersonal skills right away.
What You'll Do
- Build and own end to end strategy and execution of partnerships, rider demand and supply creation efforts for Places in Chennai
- Opportunity sizing and prioritization of Places in Chennai
- Partner, build and maintain relationship, with relevant stakeholders
- Participate in RFQs and tenders, identify, qualify, negotiate and close deals.
- Develop pitch, and commercial model of engagement
- Create playbook for all initiatives and projects
- Define desired rider experience at the Venues for pick up and drop off
- Define desired driver experience at the Venues for pick up and drop off
- Activate products for venues in Chennai, and measure success
- Co-work with the product and Central Ops team to place India level requirements on the table, and execute the same
- Conduct competitive benchmarking
- Partner with central marketing team to create and execute national marketing campaigns, digital campaigns, partnerships and CRM activities that help to further drive brand awareness and ridership at Venues
- Constantly track success of marketing campaigns and partnerships with a focus on ROI
- For Venues without partnerships, if permission unviable/not gettable, develop plans for capturing opportunity
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyse the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Process improvement - Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and leadership efforts, and make data-driven decisions
- Policy - Manage local regulatory concerns to decrease frictions and increase participation in tenders
- Comms - Have a city comms strategy for Venues, to ensure smooth operations in all cities, with minimum backlash from present players
- Drive initiatives. You will drive and support key initiatives across our business teams to grow strategic and long term opportunities with our various partners. This involves wearing many hats and jumping in to help your teammates when the need arises
What You'll Need
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- 1-3 years of operational/analytical/commercial experience gained in consulting, marketing or operations management
- High throughput-Your strong bias towards action helped you earn the reputation of someone who gets things done. You love having a lot on your plate and get energy from being busy
- Grit. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Strong negotiator with a commercial mindset: You'll use strong business judgement based on strong analytics (including costs, conversion, retention, LTV and ROI) to identify where the biggest opportunities lie based on reach, alignment, and value delivered to our customer
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through excellent analytical thinking
- Strong ground connect - You understand the city requirements, and you're spending the majority of the time working with various internal and external cross functional teams and city teams, building and really cultivating new relationships and having a collaborative approach to get things done with buy in and help from multiple stakeholders
- Product development- You know what makes a product experience not just good, but amazing. You're able to lead cross functional teams to create partner integrations that delight users and drive measurable impact
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- Experience creating and optimizing processes.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Fluency in Tamil
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top