Operations Coordinator - Amsterdam
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and two billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
We are present in over 420+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
We are looking to further build out the Uber team in the Netherlands with an Operations Coordinator role. This is a unique opportunity to help build of one of the fastest growing companies ever. This data driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking & inter-personal ability to manage partnerships. You will work in a tight team of Operations and Marketing Managers. Together we will build, run and grow Uber’s business in the Netherlands. Be prepared for a hectic, fast paced and challenging environment. Never a dull moment.
This is an opportunity to work with a stellar operations team on the daily functions that are at the core of Uber. Are you sharp, personable, ambitious and ready to launch your career? Keep reading.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work in the local Dutch team, be involved in all operational, strategic and business development activities
- Be jointly responsible for further growing Uber’s presence in the Netherlands
- Metrics analysis and product/process improvement
- Find new sources of supply, think of and implement acquisition strategies
- Process analysis and optimisation
- Help with onboarding drivers onto the Uber system
- Come up with creative and efficient solutions and implement them
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Masters (MSc.) degree in science/engineering, economics, finance or similar field (recent graduates should definitely apply!)
- 1 – 3 years experience gained in consulting, investment banking or business/operations (internships included)
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Strong communication/presentation skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by helping
- An interest in and passion for Uber
- Native Dutch (fluent English is a must!)
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity and as a member of our business operations team; you’ll shape the business direction of the company.
- Join a team where you can influence strategy, daily operations and with room to grow to senior positions
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top