We are seeking a sharp, personable, highly-organised Operations Coordinator (in Cape Town or Johannesburg) to support the city team as we continue to grow our presence. This is an opportunity to work with a stellar operations team on the daily functions that are at the core of Uber. Are you ready to launch your career? Keep reading.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work in the operations team to be involved in all operational, strategic activities
- Be jointly responsible for further growing Uber’s presence in South Africa
- Metrics analysis and product/process improvement
- Process analysis and optimisation
- Help with onboarding drivers onto the Uber system
- Come up with creative and efficient solutions and implement them
- Maintain and organize partner documentation
- Have the opportunity to lead projects you are interested in
- Work closely with the driver operations and logistics teams to streamline processes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong undergraduate degree
- 2-3 years of client facing experience in the following areas: operations, management consulting, investment banking
- Fluency in Zulu, Xhosa, Sotho or other African language(s)
- Business instincts – Inherently curious by nature, you enjoy thinking about what makes different businesses tick. You’d be excited to master Uber’s business model, and would doggedly pursue making that model flourish in your city.
- People skills – You’ll need truly world-class people skills. Depending on the conversation, you’ll need to be able to charm or cajole our partners accordingly.
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to create actionable analytics, leveraging of Excel skills
- Experience working with data analytics languages (SQL, R, Python) is a bonus
- Ability to work autonomously, and own and complete projects
- Be a problem solver at heart
- An interest in and passion for Uber
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Learn from the best. Team members come from tech companies to Banking to IT to Marketing
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in an energised office environment.
- Free Uber rides!
- Monthly gym, mobile, and healthcare reimbursement.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top