Operations Associate - UberEATS, Sydney
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
Operations Associate work alongside Operations and Logistics Managers to execute projects and deliver the growth targets for UberEATS. Always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems which arise in this high change environment, this role is dynamic and fast thinking.
A number of UberEATS Operations Associate have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Identify and make our metrics visible surrounding optimizing the our business operations. Innovation starts with data intelligence, and the right metrics are at the foundation of data intelligence
- Building the dashboards and reports that the entire team use to help them make key decisions every day
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to advise how each of our department leaders think about their business
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Drive analysis on globe-spanning projects and important strategic decisions
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep teams as efficient as possible
What you'll need:
- 2-5 years of investment banking, consulting, analytical, or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Proficient SQL experience a plus.
- Hustle. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and seek something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- Analytical rigor - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Solutions Focused - We are constantly working to improve UberEATS for our customers and our courier/restaurant partners. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to UberEATS in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with your city's courier and restaurant partners, as well as different UberEATS teams across ANZ, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and building solutions together.
- Passion for making our cities a better place to live - UberEATS is fundamentally changing how people order food and revolutionising earning opportunities for our courier-partners. This mission excites you - you want to be a part of making it even better.
- Business Curiosity - you love to learn and constantly seek ways to improve your understanding of the business and the tools you use. You share your learnings with your team and encourage others (and yourself) to take on new challenges for further development.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym/phone reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top