Operations Associate - Perth
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
Operations Associates work in collaboration with Operations and Logistics Managers to execute projects and deliver the growth targets of the Driver Operations team. They are supported by a passionate team of Uber experienced professionals who are the face of Uber to our thousands of Uber driver partners. Always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems which arise in this high change environment, this role is dynamic and fast thinking.
A number of Operations Associates have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Be mentored by and work alongside the best entrepreneurial minds in tech
- Own projects to drive the growth of the business, making a tangible change in your own city
- Growth opportunities locally and beyond!
What you'll need
- Analytical rigor - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to resolve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Solutions focus - We are constantly working to improve Uber for our riders and our driver-partners. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with your city's driver-partners, as well as different Uber teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and creating solutions together.
- Passion for making our cities a better place to live - Uber is fundamentally changing how people interact with their cities and transforming earning opportunities for our driver-partners. This mission excites you - you want to be a part of making it even better.
- Business curiosity - you love to learn and constantly seek ways to improve your understanding of the business and the tools you use. You share your learnings with your team and encourage others (and yourself) to take on new opportunities for further development.
- An undergraduate degree is a plus (recent graduates encouraged to apply!)
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top