Operations Associate - Auckland
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Operations Associates work in collaboration with Operations and Logistics Managers to execute projects and deliver the growth targets of the Driver Operations team. They are supported by a passionate team of Uber experienced professionals who are the face of Uber to our thousands of Uber driver partners. Always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems which arise in this high change environment, this role is dynamic and fast thinking.
A number of Operations Associates have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments -- if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
What you'll need
- Analytical rigor - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to resolve a problem and how to analyse it to get to your answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Solutions focus - We are constantly working to improve Uber for our riders and our driver-partners. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to Uber in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You'll work with your city's driver-partners, as well as different Uber teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world. You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and creating solutions together.
- Passion for making our cities a better place to live - Uber is fundamentally changing how people interact with their cities and transforming earning opportunities for our driver-partners. This mission excites you - you want to be a part of making it even better.
- Business curiosity - you love to learn and constantly seek ways to improve your understanding of the business and the tools you use. You share your learnings with your team and encourage others (and yourself) to take on new opportunities for further development.
- An undergraduate degree is a plus (recent graduates encouraged to apply!)
- Be mentored by and work alongside the best entrepreneurial minds in tech
- Own projects to drive the growth of the business, making a tangible change in your own city
- Growth opportunities locally and beyond!
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top