Operations and Logistics Manager - New Grad
Our operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work.
We are seeking passionate, collaborative, and highly driven new graduates to help grow Uber within their assigned market. The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform.
This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the driver side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners.
This person will work with data to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analytics. Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with aggressive timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement. Pro-actively search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Partner Relations. Manage driver relationships, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards.
- Driver Support. Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system.
- Hustle. Take ownership of Uber’s growth in their city and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university in economics, finance, statistics, engineering or similar field.
- Internship experience in strategy consulting, accounting, or finance highly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects in school, organizations or internships.
- Excellent Excel skills (and bonus points for any existing SQL skills!).
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
NEW GRAD DETAILS:
- This opportunity will be located in a wide variety of cities across the East Coast. Location will be assigned at offer stage.
- We will be responding to all applications no later than March 10th.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top