Operations and Logistics Coordinator
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Uber isn't just another social app — it's a massive logistics network that spans more than 40 countries globally, and our operations team is the lifeblood of the organization. Even though Uber has a huge international presence, city teams operate like little startups within the company. You'll be working on the front lines of the business, interacting with customers and drivers on a daily basis.
What you'll do
- Uber is a marketplace, and our Operations & Logistics Coordinators focus on the "supply" side of that marketplace in their city - they optimize the quantity and quality of cars available to our users, and continually improve the rider experience via scheduling, asset utilization, and driver incentive programs.
- In practice this requires a unique mix of analytical and interpersonal skills; an ability to use our data to quickly understand trends in supply and user demand, combined with an ability to motivate and incentivize our partners to behave in ways that take advantage of those insights. Highly refined people skills, as well as toughness, persistence and grit, are required to ensure capacity, while providing the quality of service we demand for our users. This is an intense, business-side startup role which has a clear and direct, impact on the growth of our business.
What you'll need
- Analytical ability - We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to efficiently manage the supply of cars we have on the road, you need to be able to constantly monitor and understand trends in supply and demand, and use our data to make the right, data-driven operational decisions.
- Business instincts - You are open and curious and enjoy thinking about what makes different businesses tick. You'd be excited to master Uber's business model, and would doggedly pursue making that model flourish in your city.
- Drive and resourcefulness - Operations & Logistics Coordinators are responsible for continually sourcing, signing up, onboarding and motivating the fleet of drivers who are our partners in a city. This requires extreme resourcefulness, and the ability to sell Uber as a partner and platform. Operations Coordinators also constantly monitor the fleet of cars on the road at any given point in time, optimizing the quantity of cars, guiding their physical location across the city, based on user demand, and ensuring the highest levels of service. This requires constant focus and the highest levels of dedication.
- People skills - You'll need truly world-class people skills to be able to influence partners to drive at times, in places, and in ways that ensure a world-class experience for our users.
- Gym reimbursement, Uber rides
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top