Operations & Analytics Manager, Peru
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The Operations & Analytics Manager role is a unique opportunity to drive analytical projects in a fast-paced startup environment. We are looking for an Operations Manager to develop strategies to acquire new users and manage and analyze interactions with them throughout the customer lifecycle and help us attract, engage, and retain them.
This specialized Operations role requires a combination of marketing savvy (campaign design & execution and channel optimization) and technical skills (data & statistical analysis, experiment design & execution, Excel, SQL). This includes persona mapping and segmentation, designing and executing communications, developing projects, processes, and marketing campaigns/ experiments driven by a deep understanding of data and analytics.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Create a Holistic View of the Customer Lifecycle
- Gather and analyze data to inform key business decisions pertaining to the customer acquisition and journey. Build, maintain, and communicate detailed models to track the customer experience throughout their lifecycle and drive the strategies to get new users (riders and drivers) and engage/retain our existing ones
- Analyze and Execute Data-Driven Marketing Strategies
- Drive marketing strategy to achieve the best possible user/city perception and business goals. Determine areas of opportunity, design and execute sound experiments, and present data-driven recommendations that improve current marketing and business practices in order to drive customer engagement, loyalty and retention. Develop, launch and track high-impact integrated campaigns across digital, offline above the line and below the line channels
- Partner with Internal Teams
- Use your expertise to support various roles with everything from optimizing the rider and driver-partner experience to strategizing marketing tactics and driving customer acquisition and engagement. Liaise with the regional teams to implement global campaigns, leverage best practices and circulate winning homegrown initiatives
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in analytics, business intelligence, business strategy, strategy consulting or related experience is expected - but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Fluency of English and Spanish
- SQL proficiency
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment
- Comfortable diving into analyses, driving business recommendations, generating organizational buy-in, and operationalizing processes from idea to execution
- Marketing Affinity and willingness to develop (in-the-job) a data-driven marketing expertise
- Startup hustle: You own your projects completely and are a fierce advocate for creating business value and have a positive attitude and ability to operate in a very fast paced environment with ambiguity; requires being scrappy
- Experience planning and launching customer acquisition & lifecycle marketing campaigns with demonstrable results is a plus
- Solid understanding of data-driven customer acquisition, conversion and (re)engagement. Familiarity with CRM or some other form of database management
- Team (people) management experience
- Experience with A/B testing and experimental design, messaging, and post-campaign analysis
About the Team
You'll be part of the City Team, and work directly with the General Manager, and both Operations and Marketing teams.
Back to top