Office Manager - Chicago Center of Excellence
Are you comfortable juggling employee events, visits from Uber VIPs, and managing onboarding activities for a new hire class all at the same time? Good. Cause that’s an average day here at Uber. We’re looking for an administrative mastermind to manage the very busy and growing Contact Support office. Reporting directly to the Contact Center Site Leader and working with a fast growing and highly dedicated team, you’ll be able to step in and have immediate impact because, well, there’s a ton of work to do. As a fast growing start-up every role is on call, so clock-watchers need not apply. This role is best suited for someone who can juggle all the above and keep smiling.
Think this is you? Read on…
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll play an integral part in ensuring the administrative function scales quickly and seamlessly as the Contact Center grows at a rapid pace
- Manage the front desk/office space
- Work directly with HQ and building managers to ensure new employees are ready to go as they are hired
- Organize office events, team trips and outings (there is a lot of celebrating here at Uber!)
- Be our point person in working with facilities for all building management needs including internal desk/space moves by CSRs and other support people.
- Support Site Leader with general organization, employee engagement activities, and other office support
- Work with facilities to make sure we have great food (yes, free food is taken very seriously here) and supplies for office at all times
- And more! This Contact Center is growing quickly, and there is lots to be done.
What You’ll Need:
- A. or B.S. (preferred)
- Experience scaling an office and managing a growing administrative function
- 3+ years of office or team administrative responsibilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Superior organizational skills and impeccable follow through on tasks
- Be a true problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in helping
- A passion for Uber!
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top