Motion Planning Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
We're looking for Motion Planning Engineers who enjoy having their software make critical decisions rather than just "process" or "display" data. Software that literally changes the physical world. It isn't for the faint of heart: there's no margin for getting it wrong, no place for "top 10 answer is good enough" or where a 2nd best guess does the job. We need people unafraid of crafting motion planning systems to make great decisions, every time, in all conditions.
To do that, UATG is looking to expand its elite ground vehicle motion planning team. We need engineers at all levels, with specializations in production-quality software development, machine learning, and optimization algorithms, with the following attributes:
- Skilled in numerical optimization techniques (e.g., nonlinear constrained optimization) or skilled in machine learning techniques (e.g., classification, regression)
- Experience programming in C++
- Experience with scripting languages (preferably python)
- Proven ability to produce computationally efficient software that can meet real-time requirements
- Prior experience in motion planning, machine learning, or autonomy for real-world applications
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top