Mobile (iOS or Android) Software Engineer - Safety & Telematics
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At the core of product and engineering development at Uber, the Trust & Safety team is dedicated to delivering unrivaled experiences to our customers. Specifically, we train our sights on safety and trust within our ecosystem, the quality of the trip taking experience and the quality of support customers receive in the rare case that something goes wrong. Our vision is to create experiences that enable Uber to be universally recognized as the provider of flawless transportation and best-in-class support.
You will also participate and guide all phases of the product lifecycle including: ideation, specification, implementation, data collection/internalization, and iteration.
What you'll need
- Experience designing and implementing core user facing features in a native application(s).
- Excellent portfolio record for shipping high-quality product features.
- Deep expertise in Objective-C/Swift and Cocoa Touch Frameworks, or Java.
- A passion for delightful mobile user experiences and a drive to push the boundaries of what can been done in this regard.
- A passion for using and learning up-to-date technologies and patterns.
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities is a plus.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top