Mobile (iOS or Android) Software Engineer - Safety & Telematics
Uber is hard at work revolutionizing the way people move throughout the world. We provide innovative solutions for global markets, each with a unique supply/demand and experience dynamic.
At the core of product and engineering development at Uber, the Trust & Safety team is driven to deliver unparalleled experiences to our customers. Specifically, we are focused on safety and trust within our ecosystem, the quality of the trip taking experience and the quality of support customers receive in the rare case that something goes wrong. Our vision is to create experiences that enable Uber to be universally recognized as the provider of flawless transportation and best-in-class support.
- Experience designing and implementing core user facing features in a native application(s).
- Strong track record of shipping high-quality product features.
- Strong expertise in Objective-C/Swift and Cocoa Touch Frameworks, OR Java.
- Passion for delightful mobile user experiences and a drive to push the boundaries of what can been done in this regard.
- Passion for using and learning up-to-date technologies and patterns.
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities is a plus.
You will also participate and guide all phases of the product lifecycle including: ideation, specification, implementation, data collection/internalization, and iteration. Cowboy coding is fun, but you have to prove that you can work efficiently as part of a team.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Monthly Uber credits
- Catered meals, snacks and refreshments
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- 401(k) plan, gym and cell phone reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs, active on day 1
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top