Mobile Engineer - Location, Sensing & Perception
Are you excited by the idea of using bits to move atoms? Are you excited to directly impact logistics and transportation in hundreds of cities? Are you excited to expand Uber’s understanding of the world, and help move people and things more efficiently? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a great fit for this team at Uber!
We are looking for an engineer who is excited to make an impact and has the skills to match. If you join our team, you will be working on some of the most interesting and challenging problems with a world class team that values growth and camaraderie.
Our work powers Uber’s services by extracting signals from vast amounts of sensor data, providing insight for both realtime and offline systems. You will be deploying code to hundreds of thousands of phones around the world. Your work will include R&D to understand and incorporate new sensors, low-power collection and transmission of sensor data, and implementation of novel algorithms directly on the clients.
- You’re focused on Android or iOS development and are strong in either Objective-C, Android Java, C++, or Swift
- You have experience working as a mobile engineer on a released application
- You’re interested in using sensors to understand the world!
- Experience with sensors in mobile devices (primarily MEMS and GPS, but also audiovisual, barometric, etc.)
- Experience working with mobile devices of varying quality, or on low-power applications
- Experience applying Machine Learning, signal processing and sensor fusion to motion sensor or other time series data
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top