Merchant Payments Analyst
- Because you want to join a company that’s growing massively and support a cutting edge, high tech, data driven, mobile enabled business that is defining a new industry.
- Uber’s Partner Payments team is responsible for driving the strategy and operational execution of ensuring seamless payment to our global partners (drivers, suppliers, etc.) as part of Uber’s on-demand commerce platform. This function is critical to operationally enabling new markets (geographies and products) and growing the partner ecosystem and experience through enhanced payment solutions.
- In this dynamic, challenging role, you will have serious impact as an early member of the team, responsible for executing daily partner payment operations for the most complex countries, and leading team efforts to quickly resolve and minimize partner payments system issues.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure seamless execution of payments to regional marketplace participants (driver partners, restaurants, financiers etc.,) on a daily/weekly cadence for our most complex countries and product lines
- Quickly Identify, scope, and determine root cause for systemic partner payment issues occurring at all stages in the partner payment system.
- Partner with regional payments team, product, engineering, and external partners to quickly resolve systemic issues via process and product changes.
- Author post mortems for systemic issues inclusive of detailed timeline and analysis, financial impact, and associated immediate and future product and process changes.
- Identify and scope opportunities for process improvement that minimize risk of future system issues and improve overall system quality.
- Develop process efficiency, issue identification and issue resolution tools to support regional payment operations
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Math, CS, Business or other quantitative discipline required
- 1 to 3 years of quantitative analysis experience (preferably in an operations, finance or product role)
- Demonstrable fluency in SQL a must, demonstrable fluency with common open source analysis tool a plus (R and Python)
- Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills
- Banking, payments, or financial operations experience preferred
- Experience collaborating with product and engineering teams preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the – product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top