Mechanical Supplier Quality Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision-making combined with the on-site hands-on problem solving that comes with being responsible for the quality for some of the highest quality and the highest visibility products for the world today. You will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools and systems for groundbreaking product designs for Uber's self-driving vehicles.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Apply deep understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to be responsible for the development of specific Product Quality Plans (PQP) appropriate to program and commodity
- Evaluate and communicate the yield of new and existing processes
- Drive corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members
- Develop and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools
- Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate
- Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure alignment to Uber's quality standards
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product
- Supplier Quality Management
- Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct
- Review PQP with supplier and other internal functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs
- Evaluates supplier readiness and consistency to PQP at all development and qualification stages
- Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits
- Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in developing quality plans, crafting test methods and gauges, validating test methods and gauges, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts required
- Knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations. An area of expertise such as a specific process, material or industry is key to show depth of knowledge base
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical process control principles preferred
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, castings, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or automotive high volume quality manufacturing engineering
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree
About the Team
Uber ATG's Global Product Operations group enables our world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future or mobility.
Back to top