MBA Summer Internship 2017 - EMEA
Uber is a global technology company. Our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in 500+ cities worldwide, including 60+ cities in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa with plans to rapidly expand in the region. Our technology allows us to move the physical world: we believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
MBA Internships will be offered within a variety of teams and locations. Potential placements could include:
- Operations: We are seeking sharp, personable, highly-organized Operations interns to support city teams as we continue to grow our presence. This is an opportunity to work with a stellar operations team on the daily functions that are at the core of Uber.
- UberEATS: Ground-floor opportunity to join and work with a team that’s building a startup within a startup.
- Community Operations: We are the team that works day and night to provide the best support experience for all of Uber’s customers. Join our team and launch new support and service initiatives across EMEA, leading to immediately visible results.
- Locations: Amsterdam, London, Paris, Dubai, Johannesburg, Warsaw, Lisbon, Moscow, Cairo, Lahore and more!
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and execution on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Passionate about data. You’re not only comfortable with numbers; you love analyzing data and turning it into an awesome report.
- Comfortable with people. You can make the leap from a number on a page to an actionable change for Uber, and you know how to communicate that data insight to other teams.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed, partnering with managers and other departments to solve problems.
- Biased towards action. You make things happen in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization.
What you’ll need to know/have:
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative in situations with little direction.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced workplace where change is a constant.
- Analytical background (excel adeptness) with a direct focus in marketing efficiency, A/B testing, user retention, and re-engagement.
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Additional skills depending on team preference.
- MBA candidate returning to your program upon completion of internship.
- Availability for a minimum of 8 weeks up to a maximum of 12 weeks during the summer.
- By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Amsterdam, London, Dubai, Johannesburg, Warsaw, Paris, Kiev, Moscow, and Cairo.
- Visa sponsorship is unavailable for internships.
Applications: February – March 25th, 2017
Interviews: March 2017 – May 2017, on a rolling basis.
Placement: 8-12 weeks starting in June/August 2017.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top