Marketplace Operations Manager, Egypt - uberEATS
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
UberEATS delivers the best of Egypt restaurants right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy!
The UberEATS Marketplace Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces between EATS driver partners and EATS restaurant partners to optimize the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to run partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the UberEATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop & Optimize Processes: You will scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Supply Growth: You will help increase the number of courier partners using Uber and help them in providing the most reliable food delivery service in town
- Driver Partner Relations: Handle driver partner development, monitor partner metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the UberEATS system
- Restaurant Partner Relations: You will work with restaurant partners (often on-site at their restaurants) to launch and refine the fulfillment process
- Food Quality Control: Run tests and work with restaurant partners to continuously improve their quality control processes to help them deliver high quality food
- Strategy: Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an ambitious timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver and customer experience
- Hustle: Take ownership of UberEATS growth in Egypt, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years experience
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be "in the trenches" working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
Back to top