Marketing Strategy Lead, UK & Ireland - London
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
The Marketing Strategy Lead will champion Uber's marketing strategy in the UK and provide hands-on leadership to help develop, prioritise, and implement a marketing strategy to help Uber scale.
We're looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. This role will work with all of our marketing teams in the UK: Brand & Communications, National Partnerships, Insights & Research, Acquisition & Lifecycle and Marketing Operations.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing for the UK and Ireland, you'll be responsible for developing Uber's strategy to acquire and retain customers in its two sided marketplace. The ideal candidate for this role has developed data driven marketing strategies for companies in the past, is a strong communicator, and is comfortable working uniting multiple stakeholders to achieve a common goal.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Uber's UKI Head of Marketing, marketing teams, and the operations teams across the company to develop the overall country marketing strategy.
- Work with marketing teams to identify strategic priorities and align on a clear roadmap to achieve those goals.
- Bring a data driven approach to customer acquisition and retention and ensure we're segmenting our approach to tailor your plan to our audience segments.
- Manage the end to end Marketing budget ensuring that we're optimising for investment in the marketplace.
- Understand and develop a strategy for the rider and partner-driver end-to-end customer experience to ensure we're putting our customers first at every stage of their experience with Uber.
- Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action.
What you'll need
- 10+ years of Marketing strategy experience
- Exceptional communication and organisation skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer - the ability to investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "go getter" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights.
Bonus points if
- MBA highly preferred.
- SQL proficiency strongly preferred.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top