Marketing Science Analyst - Measurement & Analytics
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking to add an enthusiastic member to our Research & Insights team. The R&I team generates insights that push our business forward and bring customer obsession to the forefront of everything we do. The role will help our APACx Marketing team - a region encompassing Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, and Japan. This role will focus on several facets of the Uber and UberEATS businesses including partner drivers, riders, eaters, couriers, other consumers, and overall stakeholders. The insights and actions will help the Marketing team build powerful Uber experiences, in both digital and offline environments.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
The person will excel at uncovering behavior patterns and truths leveraging a variety of analytical tools and techniques. They will also be an innovator--being able to think through complex problems and identify new ways of analyzing and testing data to answer some of our hardest business questions.
The person will be heavily involved in social media measurement. This will include aspects of social listening, but also regular analytic queries of external data and research sources. This requires a person to be able to be proficient in SQL queries to draw down the right data across tables, then analyze and visualize their analysis.
The person will be excited to evolve data tracking, warehousing, and analysis covering key media channels and regularly communicate performance to the broader team. Communication is critical to being successful in this role.
What you'll do
- Synthesize data sources of marketing spending from internal dashboards, media agencies, and external sources and build dashboard to analyze across sources
- Defining Social Media metrics, building capabilities to measure and communicating results with regular cadence.
- Clean and update data sheets to ensure accuracy and consistency across markets and over time.
- Regularly draw, analyze and report customer data, leaning in a with a creative mind to find interesting, impactful behavioral patterns
- Build presentations and share them with marketing stakeholders to improve comprehension of insights they develop
- Present with confidence, candor, and poise to a large, multifunctional group of leaders.
- Foster collaboration across regional and local project groups in a fast-moving virtual team environment to deliver high-quality fieldwork
- Work collaboratively with HQ research and strategy teams to maximize outputs
What you'll need
- You have spent at least 1-3 years thriving in data and analytics' inspired environments
- You are an expert using SQL and R languages. Candidates without this will be rejected. Additional knowledge of Python and other programming languages is preferred.
- You are familiar with concepts related to Social Media Measurement and Social Listening Platforms.
- You are familiar with data visualisation tools; while perhaps not an expert, you may be expected to lead the development of this for marketing
- You flex muscles on both sides of your brain - creative and analytical to not just do research, but be an idea creator
- You have a high degree of cross-cultural awareness pertaining to Asia-Pacific markets, consumers and media landscapes, and have led sizeable multi-country projects
- You are an impactful, memorable communicator. You are able to present and explain difficult statistical and analytical constructs to a non-technical audience.
- You are agile and nimble, willing and able to take on different work, learning quickly, and delivering.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and work well in cross-functional, dotted-line environments
- You are keen to roll sleeves up and be hands-on while building a team
- You are a fluent English speaker, and additional regional languages are a plus
- You are willing to travel 25% of the time to other countries, the US, and other regions
Back to top