Marketing Research - Senior Data Analyst
The Market and Consumer Research team shapes the marketing and business direction of Uber by providing data-driven answers to the company’s most important questions. Composed of researchers, data scientists, and engineers, our team makes an impact across Uber by uncovering rich, deep insights that inform the marketing and creative process using brand, position, message, and segmentation research tools.
Our team is customer obsessed, action-oriented and sparks creativity. We produce the highest-quality insights while pioneering innovative research techniques.
As a Senior Marketing Research Data Analyst it is your responsibility to aggregate, unify, and understand business metrics to inform marketing strategy. You’ll be in charge of leading projects with other data analysts to explain the effect of our marketing interventions, explain how our data streams come together, and identify opportunities as business needs and marketing strategy evolves. Your expertise will be called upon to employ accurate, timely, and efficient analysis to explain changing business trends, identify top emerging hypotheses, and, when possible, to work with experimentalists, survey, and data scientists to design conclusive tests and interventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering field, or commensurate work experience.
2-3 years experience working with business data and relating it to interventions and objectives.
- Experience standardizing and transforming a variety of data sets to prepare them for analysis and integration into products.
- Experience integrating datasets using software or utilizing APIs.
- Expertise with SQL databases — ideally Vertica, Redshift, and/or Hadoop.
- Familiarity with statistics, regression analysis, and causal analysis.
- Understanding of modeling techniques.
- Experience identifying and adapting to imperfect data.
- Experience working with high-volume, high-frequency business data .
- Expertise standardizing, transforming, and using statistics to analyze large data sets.
- Experience with Python, R, or another scripting language.
- Experience visualizing data and creating reports.
- Understanding of quantitative research, segmentation methods, and consumer and brand tracking.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top