Marketing Research - Qualitative Research Insights Lead
The Market and Consumer Research team shapes the marketing and business direction of Uber by providing data-driven answers to the company’s most important questions. Composed of researchers, data scientists, and engineers, our team makes an impact across Uber by uncovering rich, deep insights that inform the marketing and creative process using brand, position, message, and segmentation research tools.
Our team is customer obsessed, action-oriented and sparks creativity. We produce the highest-quality insights while pioneering innovative research techniques.
As the Qualitative Insights Lead for the Americas, you will be responsible for providing insights that shape the roadmap and direction for Uber’s business and marketing in the Americas. To do so, you’ll work closely with marketing teams across the region to answer key business questions by leading, planning, and executing qualitative insights research. In this role, you will be a key part of making sure employees throughout the company internalize the voice of our customers.
If you’re a qualitative research insights expert with the analytical ability to identify key trends and ladder them up to marketing strategies and broad creative themes, then we’re looking for you.
- 10 – 15 years of experience executing qualitative research.
- Extensive experience moderating discussion groups and in-depth interviews.
- Experience working at or with brand and marketing research companies.
- Experience using in-person and online methodologies.
- Academic accreditation or professional research coursework or certification in qualitative market research methodologies.
- Experience managing the end-to-end insights process, from developing research plans to implementing insights and strategic imperatives.
- Ability to analyze long, free-form text responses.
- Experience anchoring analysis in business problems and identifying key themes.
- Bachelor degree in survey methodology, market research, marketing, or a related field.
- Doctoral or graduate degree in survey methodology, market research, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience working at or with marketing creative agencies.
- Read and write fluent Spanish.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401 (k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top