Marketing Research Program Manager
We’re looking for a Program Manager to own Uber’s marketing research operations. We are a data-driven organization and are constantly striving to improve efficiency of our marketing research efforts. You’ll radically increase the performance of Uber’s global Marketing efforts by building processes and tools that increase the relevance of Uber’s research and insights operation. Working with our internal Marketing Research experts, you will be responsible for program managing research operations within Marketing—from strategic planning stages through creative testing, across all channels.
Our Marketing Research team is customer obsessed, action-oriented and sparks creativity. We produce the highest-quality insights while pioneering innovative research techniques.
From design to data, engineering to development, you need to love to get into the weeds with process and programs to figure out how to break down barriers and drastically increase output. Documentation and creating new, efficient, scalable systems are your thing. You are familiar with marketing research techniques and drive to build highly efficient processes and systems. Last but not least, you love marketing. You believe that marketing is how Uber tells its story and there is no better way to tell our story than through the lense of our millions of individual riders and drivers.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the execution of the research roadmap and reporting for the Marketing Research team.
- Project manage various marketing research projects by working closely with cross-functional internal teams such as Performance Marketing teams, Strategy and Design.
- Build out research plans for high visibility projects and programs by identifying requirements, dependencies and building work-back schedules to manage to deadlines. Look for connections to other projects and recommend simplification and integration points.
- Constantly be ideating and iterating new research ideas, both your own and collected from Uber and external sources.
- Be a “Research Evangelist” – share insights and best-practices across Uber, at times connecting people who would benefit from collaboration with each other.
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Ability to balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as a project evolves.
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome.
What You Need:
- Minimum of 4 years experience managing cross-functional product or marketing teams that delivered solutions related to marketing research and insights.
- Strong understanding of the marketing research landscape.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Hands-on experience project managing initiatives from start to finish. Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk. Learns from failures as well as successes.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion. Excellent multi-tasking, project management and stakeholder management skills.
- An analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Great communication skills. Asking questions, listening and driving group decision-making.
- A strong entrepreneurial bent. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away, you get it done.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top