Marketing Research - Experimentation & Innovation Insights Lead
The Market and Consumer Research team shapes the marketing and business direction of Uber by providing data-driven answers to the company’s most important questions. Composed of researchers, data scientists, and engineers, our team makes an impact across Uber by uncovering rich, deep insights that inform the marketing and creative process using brand, position, message, and segmentation research tools.
Our team is customer obsessed, action-oriented and sparks creativity. We produce the highest-quality insights while pioneering innovative research techniques.
As the Experimentation & Innovation Lead, you’ll be responsible for executing randomized controlled experiments, methodological innovation, and ensuring data-driven excellence in marketing at Uber. Your day-to-day will involve conducting advanced analysis and consulting with teams across Market and Consumer Research to leverage methodologies that effectively accomplish business objectives. Additionally, you will identify, research, and pursue opportunities for methodological innovation that has effects across the business.
- Doctoral or graduate degree in quantitative methods, a science or engineering field, or commensurate work experience.
- Expertise conducting pre/post and randomized controlled experiments with large datasets.
- Experience conducting research in both academic and business settings.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Expertise using statistical packages like R and STATA.
- Experience conducting analysis with SQL.
- Expertise analyzing large datasets.
- A proven track-record of using data and analysis to affect strategic business decisions.
- Experience leading a team of analysts or data scientists.
- Expertise balancing competing long term and short term priorities.
- Expertise conducting analysis with SQL.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top