Marketing Program Manager, EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
We're looking for an experienced program manager to manage small-scale initiatives, as well as lead end-to-end delivery of cross-functional marketing campaigns. With program management being a relatively new discipline in the EMEA region, you will be tasked with supporting the transition from an ad hoc marketing culture to a more integrated, scalable campaign model. Experience working in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment is a must - you are a self-starter who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and have a proven track record of delivering results even when faced with organisational ambiguity.
This is a detail-oriented, cross-functional role that requires resourcefulness, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills to continuously deliver first class results. Pro-active planning, as well as strategic and pragmatic thinking, are core competencies for this Program Manager role. From design to data, engineering to development, you need to love to get into the weeds with problems to figure out how to break down barriers and drastically increase output. Documentation and creating efficient, scalable workflows are your thing. Last but not least, you are a passionate marketer with experience in planning and delivering cross-functional customer experiences at a global scale.
What you'll do
- Manage marketing campaigns and programs end-to-end, including clarifying business objectives, assessing and reviewing briefs, overseeing program/creative development, executing the program, and measuring impact across a variety of both broad-based and hyper-targeted programs
- Plan and manage cross-functional efforts to develop joined marketing strategies to establish consistent cross-channel narratives and key moments
- Drive Program Management cross-functionally, supporting teams across multiple orgs such as marketing, operations, analytics and local markets.
- Lead assessment of program efficacy and efficiency and incorporate changes to improve results and overall performance
- Manage and prioritise marketing requests from local markets with a view to identifying opportunities to scale and create greater efficiency across markets
- Lead quarterly roadmap planning in collaboration with Central Marketing teams, working across channels, regions and audiences
- Work closely with cross functional internal teams to build out plans for high visibility programs by identifying requirements, dependencies and milestones to manage successful end to end delivery
- Enhances scope of the central marketing team by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the organisation
What you'll need
- At least 3 years experience as a program or marketing campaign manager in a consumer-facing software or creative development environment.
- Hands-on experience managing end-to-end delivery of marketing programs
- Ability to drive initiatives at both a strategic and executional level
- Experience managing the creative process and an understanding of branding and user centered product design.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and work across multiple functions and teams.
- Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group.
- Technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top