Marketing Manager, UberEATS - London
The Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber’s newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces between UberEATS users and restaurant partners to cultivate the UberEATS brand and build demand for the service. This role calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, business development, marketing, and leadership. This person should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, love solving problems, thrive in a startup culture, and above all be passionate about food.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users, partner restaurants, and partner drivers are able to experience the magic of UberEATS. The Marketing Manager will execute initiatives that span ‘eater’ experience, brand, content, campaigns, conversion analytics, business development, and account management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- User focus. Know our ‘eaters’ inside and out. Deeply understand their habits and preferences. Have a pulse on London-specific trends. Use these insights to grow demand for UberEATS.
- Brand and content. Manage the voice & brand of UberEATS through email campaigns, blogs, and all social channels.
- Partnerships. Identify strategic partnerships to grow the UberEATS brand and build awareness in the city — this could be a campaign with a well-known chef or restaurant, to a partnership with a major food event in the city
- Analysis. Quantify everything you do. Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest return on investment.
- Business development. Keep our restaurant partners engaged and excited about being on UberEATS. Convey visually and in-person the UberEATS value proposition.
- Strategic planning. Develop marketing strategies; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Playbooking. Document everything. The learnings from UberEATS today will pave the way for growth in markets around the world.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 4+ years of experience in consumer marketing, user analytics, business development, and/or consulting experience in a fast paced environment.
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, and other analytical tools (e.g., Excel).
- An eye for design, and comfort wielding tools like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with product marketing concepts like product positioning, brand strategy and user research.
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly.
- Experience using ExactTarget an asset, but not required.
- Experience with performance marketing an asset, but not required.
- Experience with SQL or other database querying tools an asset, but not required.
- People management experience an asset, but not required.
YOU MUST BE:
- Driven. Naturally curious. Able to innovate to solve problems. Constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Analytical. You can’t wait to get into the numbers, because you know that facts and analysis are more compelling than opinions. You are comfortable gathering and manipulating data to prove or disprove a point.
- Word savvy. Have a reputation as a great communicator. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Creative. You are always thinking of fresh ideas to delight users and promote the UberEATS brand. You design campaigns and events that are attention grabbing and leave a lasting impression.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top