Marketing Manager - UberEATS
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role as it interfaces between UberEATS users and restaurant partners to cultivate the UberEATS brand and create demand for the service. This role calls for a combination of marketing, business development, sales, strategy, and analytics. This person should be passionate about food, comfortable taking initiative, love solving problems, and above all, thrive in a fast and growing environment.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users, partner restaurants, and partner drivers are able to experience the magic of UberEATS. The Marketing Manager will execute initiatives that span partnerships, "eater" experience, brand, content, campaigns, conversion analytics, business development, and sales.
Marketing Managers will be based in and supporting our Seattle market!
About the job
You'll be tasked with growing brand awareness in one of our West Coast cities and marketing UberEATS in the most efficient and engaging way possible. Your dedication to and investment in Uber's growth knows no limits. You will become as comfortable giving a 15-second elevator pitch about Uber to a stranger as you are digging into promo analytics. You'll focus on scalable efforts that can be replicated in multiple cities by targeting events and partnerships.
Who you are
- Born to network and negotiate. If there's a major event in town, you know about it and know how to get in and expand your contact list. You know the general managers at the best restaurants and bars. You're a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and be authentic with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and completing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You've demonstrated your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- A self-starter. You can see marketing opportunities and run with them. From cold-calling a festival or event, to doing post-promo analysis on how well the event went, you can own a project from start-to-finish and bring UberEATS to everyone.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and charm complete strangers.
- Open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate and improve. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results. When we say A/B testing, you know what we're talking about!
- Data-driven. You have excellent Excel skills and can do post-promo analysis on how well a partnership went with your eyes closed.
What you'll do
- You'll be tasked with growing brand awareness and marketing UberEATS in the most efficient and engaging way possible. You will be expected to:
- Create our eater and restaurant base
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Execute strategic partnerships and own business development
What you'll need
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Partnership, field, experiential, and content marketing experience
- Sales and business development experience
- Managing integrated marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- A degree in marketing or business is a plus, but not required
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top