Marketing Manager UberEATS - Bogota
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The UberEATS Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber's newest services: UberEATS, which is in the process of expanding in a big way. The role demands someone with the skills to conduct deep analysis and craft communications aimed at: acquiring new users via our large installed rider base and fueling uptake among them (e.g. growing basket size, increasing frequency, etc), deepening relationships with restaurant partners (e.g. improving NPS, fostering operational efficiency, etc) and driver partners (e.g. initiating activations, growing supply hours, etc). The ideal candidate combines analytical-mindedness with a flair for content. This is an intense startup-within-a-much-larger-startup role, and this person will wear many hats and work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams to drive step-change growth in the UberEATS business in 2016 and beyond.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Opportunity Identification: Quantify everything you do. Leverage data, conduct analysis and experimentation to identify highest value opportunities for communication (via newsletters, email, push notifications, social, blog, etc) to users, restaurant partners, and driver partners. Find the 'diamond in the rough' segments and build connections with them.
- Content Crafting: Serve as the voice of the UberEATS brand in the Bogota market, helping to establish content that is beautiful (lots of food photography!), approachable, fun and action-oriented.
- Informing Promotional Spend Decisions: Act as a thought partner to the General Manager concerning decisions on how to best deploy the promotion budget in order to accelerate market penetration and market share capture.
- Campaign Planning & Prioritization: Structure communications in a milestone- vs. time-based fashion, meaning that this is less about a plug-and-play communications strategy and more about targeted outreach based on need and opportunity.
- New Communication Channels: Help develop our expertise around new communications mediums like social, email and newsletter marketing, etc. We're still experimenting and proving out what works.
- Partnership Development: Identify strategic partnerships to grow the UberEATS brand and build awareness in the city — this could be a campaign with a well-known chef or restaurant, to a partnership with a major food event in the city.
- Chief Growth Officer: Be able to speak to and own our growth metrics and drive our curve up and to the right! Hack and accelerate our path to a market leadership position.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW / HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university and a demonstrated ability in quantitative fields.
- 2-3 years of digital or email marketing, user analytics, and/or consulting experience in a fast paced environment.
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using funnel tracking, A/B testing, and other analytical tools; experience with SQL or other database querying tools an asset.
- An eye for design, and comfort learning tools like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to craft a brand voice.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset.
- Experience using ExactTarget an asset, but not required.
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach.
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular.
- Fluent in English
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top