Marketing Manager - UberEATS
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
The UberEATS Marketing Manager role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber's newest services: UberEATS, which is in the process of expanding in a big way.
UberEATS is looking for a highly analytical marketing manager who can take charge of the customer story for UberEATS in the Midwest while meticulously unpacking the key growth levers for our business. This is an intense "startup-within-a-startup" role, and as a part of the team the right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams. You will work with the UberEATS operations, design, product, growth marketing teams to execute and measure marketing tactics, effectively communicate our brand, and grow our business. You should be equally at home drafting an email campaign or social post for massive distribution across the Uber user base as you are at home writing an SQL query or using a spreadsheet to analyze the results of your campaign. You love data; you think an effort that isn't measured is wasted. Above all, you bring keen business judgement, a flair for numbers, and an intuitive ability to match effort with business impact.
What you'll do:
- Opportunity Identification: Quantify everything you do. Leverage data, conduct analysis and experimentation to identify highest value opportunities for communication (via newsletters, email, push notifications, social, blog, etc) to users, restaurant partners, and driver partners. Find the 'diamond in the rough' segments and cultivate them.
- Informing Promotional Spend Decisions: Act as a thought partner to the General Manager concerning decisions on how to best deploy the promotion budget in order to accelerate market penetration and market share capture.
- Campaign Planning & Prioritization: Structure communications in a milestone- vs. time-based fashion, meaning that this is less about a plug-and-play communications strategy and more about targeted outreach based on need and opportunity.
- New Communication Channels: Help develop our expertise around new communications mediums like social, email and newsletter marketing, etc. We're still experimenting and proving out what works.
- Partnership Development: Identify strategic partnerships to grow the UberEATS brand and build awareness in the city — this could be a campaign with a well-known chef or restaurant, to a partnership with a major food event in the city.
- Content Crafting: Serve as the voice of the UberEATS brand in the Chicago market, helping to establish content that is beautiful (lots of food photography!), approachable, fun and action-oriented.
- Chief Growth Officer: Be able to speak to and own our growth metrics and drive our curve up and to the right! Hack and accelerate our path to a market leadership position.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university and a demonstrated ability in quantitative fields.
- 4+ years of digital or email marketing, user analytics, and/or consulting experience in a fast paced environment.
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using funnel tracking, A/B testing, and other analytical tools; experience with SQL or other database querying tools an asset.
- An eye for design, and comfort wielding tools like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Strong written communication skills and ability to craft a brand voice.
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and a willingness to adopt a generalist mindset.
- Growth hacking - knowing how to meticulously unpack the key levers for growing a business through keen analysis and scientific experimentation.
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) "I bust my ass because I love it" approach.
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and food delivery in particular.
- Employees receive Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top