Marketing Manager, SEO
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced SEO Manager to develop and implement Uber’s organic search strategy. The ideal candidate will have a track record of SEO success across in-house or agency roles working on sites with millions of monthly visits from organic search traffic. They won’t be afraid of digging into large sets of data to spot trends and opportunities. Beyond that, they’ll be very strong at analyzing our sites and market from all aspects of SEO performance in order to discover, prioritize and execute on SEO improvements, both tactical and strategic. He or she will work closely with relevant teams including Marketing, PR and Product to serve as an advocate for SEO and to ensure alignment of goals across all channels.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Work with Growth Marketing leadership team to develop and drive the business plan for organic search.
- Engage and closely collaborate with the product and engineering teams to drive initiatives for best user experience, site architecture and taxonomy and content, impacting rankings of category keywords in organic search results.
- Create project goals and drive the deliverables with product teams to ensure timely delivery of changes and features and ensure proper implementation of the features.
- Manage tactical execution of organic search strategies that include, performing regular site audits, comprehensive and complex keyword research, analysis and portfolio management to identify and drive growth opportunities; On-site content optimization; Ownership & reporting of key SEO performance metrics.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive SEO initiatives, including Uber for Business, Uber API, Uber for Everything, Communications, and HR.
- Partner with SEM teams to quantify impact and prioritize target keyword.
- Manage and help plan support infrastructure, including any work with SEO agencies, consultants and contractors.
- Manage and drive SEO reporting construct, develop and present weekly updates to demonstrate the impact of company’s investment to senior management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 7+ years of direct technical SEO experience.
- Proven track record of optimizing large content sites for competitive terms and long tail keywords.
- Experience developing and implementing engaging content.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate a strong philosophy around onsite optimization.
- Outstanding written communication and verbal presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to influence technical cross-functional teams, consisting of product and engineering staff.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and comfort in working in a team environment and with technical teams.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for getting results.
- Direct experience with web analytics suites such as Google Analytics and deep knowledge of webmaster tools.
- BA/BS in computer science, economics, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top