Marketing Manager - Sao Paulo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
- You will completely own user acquisition in your city. You’ll get to create a user base from scratch, and then iteratively grow that base by combining your nuanced understanding of the city with an ability to creatively engage its users. Our Managers have a unreserved, outsized impact on our success, in every market!
- Community Managers are the voice, face and soul of Uber in a given city, and they serve as the personification of our rewarding, innovative, service-centered brand.
- Uber’s ability to continually “wow” our users is crucial to our success, and your job will be to delight users via amazing rider service. Providing timely, world-class support to riders is a big aspect of this role.
- In practice you are highly social, and would be excited to represent Uber at events and get togethers in your city. Your infectious enthusiasm – and the Uber discount cards you never leave home without! – lead tons of new users to want to check out Uber, our app, and our exciting new service.
What you’ll need
- Language – Excellent spoken and written English
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go-getter attitude – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You’re a charismatic, people person who can talk to anyone; flexible and bold, you’re also excited to help create something awesome and share it with the world.
- Ownership – Growth doesn’t happen on its own — Community Managers make growth happen. Passionate and self-driven, your are deeply committed to making Uber effective in your city, and rise to the occasion to resolve problems, big and small.
- Service Orientation – As the voice of Uber in your city, you’ll use that voice to bring new users onboard, as well as to support and advocate for existing users. You need to be willing to find resolutions to rider issues early, late and often.
- Creativity – You’ll be responsible for segmenting the users in your city, and for marketing effectively to those groups in creative ways. You need exceptional writing skills (for writing awesome blog posts, emails, and Tweets), and will continually generate unique but practical marketing ideas.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top