Marketing Manager - Riga
We’re a technology company building something bigger than a great app. We’re reinventing transportation and logistics in 420+ cities worldwide. We’re strengthening local economies, improving access to transportation, and making streets safer. Within our team, we’re offering meaningful ownership, amazing culture, and the rare opportunity to run a business and product that impacts the lives of everyone around you. We’re looking for talented, hard-working, passionate people to grow the business in Latvia. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the trajectory of one of the world’s fastest growing organizations.
About the Role
Marketing Managers are responsible for growing Uber’s rider base and keeping Uber relevant in their city. This means dreaming up and executing creative and scaleable rider focused marketing campaigns, rolling out global products at a local level, managing teams of brand ambassadors, testing how to best market to drivers, identifying and pitching local partnerships, and telling Uber’s story to our existing and prospective riders and driver-partners.
The successful applicant will both be creative and analytical. They’ll have hustle and be willing to execute a number of complicated projects simultaneously week in, week out. They’ll not only dream up and carry out the campaign that gets everyone talking, they’ll also analyse the data and work out how to do it better next time. The right person is self-driven, a creative problem solver and has a strong thirst to learn.
Key Attributes to Succeed
- Execution: Own, develop, and execute creative marketing campaigns from start to finish. Liaise with internal teams (Partnerships, Comms, Policy, Brand) as well as external stakeholders. Own and manage written communication for your campaigns (eDM, blog, social) and Spread the UberLOVE by engaging riders and influencers through events, social media, and our blog. Also execute national campaigns at a local level – UberPITCH, UberCHOPPER, UberICECREAM and beyond!
- Hustle: Uber moves fast! Marketing Managers are charismatic and quick to solve problems — they’re excited to help build something awesome. They understand our riders and make sure every Uber experience is an awesome Uber experience.
- Partnerships: Experience: Grow your city’s demand and credibility through local partnerships. This includes knowing the needs of your city, identifying partners that will help achieve those needs, and pitching, negotiating, closing and executing the partnership. Create and develop campaigns that can be exported globally
- Analytical Skills: Own the rider metrics in your city and feel confident in monitoring, reporting, and making commercial decisions based on these numbers; Turn raw data into actionable conclusions. Measure the success of campaigns and partnerships, and use learnings to impact rider-side growth, or even launch and own new product development for your market. Identify inefficiencies in the business and create processes that help us scale.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a data-driven, growth-oriented environment
- Demonstrated success in leading complex projects, campaigns, and/or teams with full ownership over process and performance
- Employees receive free monthly Uber credits!
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment with daily lunch and plenty of events.
- Shape the strategic direction of your city & your region. Each city still operates like a start-up and from day 1, you’ll be part of the action.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top