Marketing Manager - Recife
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Spread the Uber love and wow users with great support!
At Uber, amazing service is our core. We're an innovative, high-growth company, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone. A passion for surprising our users with an awesome experience is critical to our success. We're looking for someone with excellent community support skills to take charge of rider satisfaction.
You take the initiative, love solving people problems and can thrive in a fast and growing environment. This role is all about bringing UberLOVE to our users.
Who you are
- Flexible. You're willing to find resolutions to rider issues early, late and often.
- Self-driven. You have excellent organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily... thousands of Uber user emails each month? No problem!
- Open and curious. You're imaginative, deeply creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Excellent communicator. You have exceptional writing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Enthusiastic. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, bold, and excited to help create something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited team of users; you are dedicated to solving the difficult issues.
What you'll do
- Support our users with awesome service and inspiring a growing user base to share the Uber experience. You'll have great opportunities to develop and foster various skill sets.
- Help upset riders and turn them into passionate evangelists. Respond to emails & support issues promptly.
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook and other relevant sites and regularly participate in discussions across communities, social networks and blogs.
- Find the transportation pulse of the city and identify new ways to get the Uber experience in front of new users.
- Spread the UberLOVE through creating exciting blog and social web content.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering and operations teams to streamline process and help in intelligently scaling a vibrant business.
- Identify and engage community advocates who are equally passionate about exploring your city.
What you'll need
- Extensive/regular online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.).
- Excellent writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted).
- Support background a plus.
- Reputation as an influencer amongst your friends and community.
- College degree in Marketing, Public Relations or similar degree is a plus, not required.
Bottom line: You have to be ready to seize opportunities! You must be ready and excited to get into the details and help create a growing business. You're the rider advocate and need to bring the voice of Uber to everyone.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top