Marketing Manager - Partnerships (Rio de Janeiro)
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionising transportation and logistics through technology? Do you have deal-making experience across Rio de Janeiro that can help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand for transport, convenience and style across the continent?
As part of the Rio de Janeiro Marketing team, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup to shape and deliver on a strategy that builds talk-ability and broad usage of the Uber mobile app among millions of consumers in the region.
You will define key market segments to target, and drive business relationships at C-level with partners to: (1) accelerate the growth of Uber riders; (2) increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber’s profitability.
You’ll work closely with Uber’s city operations teams to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the region. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness/hustle is a must. You’re comfortable as an individual contributor and deal lead.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Partnerships team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Help define the Uber Rio de Janeiro partnership roadmap
- Set a strategic business development plan for Rio de Janeiro’s market and ensure it’s in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in Rio de Janeiro’s region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.)
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of Uber
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years’ experience of business development/partnerships experience in Rio de Janeiro’s region.
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Deep experience working with mobile carriers, mobile handset manufacturers and/or technology companies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations.
- MBA or degree from top university highly desired
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top