Marketing Manager - North of Brazil
- Uber is a technology company. We make a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, around the world – at the push of a button.
- Our revenues have grown more than 10-fold in just the past year, and they’ve accelerated with the launch of Uber in seven new cities over the past two months.
- On another level, Uber is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
- These are early days. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will completely own user acquisition in your city. You’ll get to build a user base from scratch, and then iteratively grow that base by combining your nuanced understanding of the city with an ability to creatively engage its users. Our Managers have a direct, outsized impact on our success, in every market!
- Community Managers are the voice, face and soul of Uber in a given city, and they serve as the personification of our fun, innovative, service-obsessed brand.
- Uber’s ability to continually “wow” our users is crucial to our success, and your job will be to delight users via amazing rider service. Providing timely, world-class support to riders is a big aspect of this role.
- In practice you are highly social, and would be thrilled to represent Uber at events and get togethers in your city. Your infectious enthusiasm – and the Uber discount cards you never leave home without! – lead tons of new users to want to check out Uber, our app, and our game-changing service.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Language – Spoken and written fluency in English
- Hustle – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You’re a fun, charismatic, people person who can talk to anyone; flexible and fearless, you’re also excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world, in a “never turn it off” way.
- Ownership – Growth doesn’t happen on its own — Community Managers make growth happen. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, they are deeply committed to making Uber a success in their city, and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small.
- Service Orientation – As the voice of Uber in your city, you’ll use that voice to bring new users onboard, as well as to support and advocate for existing users. You need to be willing to find resolutions to rider issues early, late and often.
- Creativity – You’ll be responsible for segmenting the users in your city, and for marketing effecitvely to those groups in creative ways. You need truly exceptional writing skills (for writing awesome blog posts, emails, and Tweets), and will have to continually generate unique but practical marketing ideas.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top