Marketing Manager - New Orleans
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We’re a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone. A tenacity toward growing our rider base while providing an awesome experience for our current users is critical to our success, and we’re looking for a Marketing Manager who is willing to develop strategic marketing campaigns within our market to do just that.
You’ll be tasked with growing brand awareness and engaging New Orleans riders and drivers. As a member of the New Orleans marketing team, you will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and thrive in a startup culture.
A typical work week might include pitching a partnership to a local business, hiring and managing a street team, attending and managing the on-site portion of an event, or writing a driver profile for the Uber blog. We’re looking to round out an already awesome team and build on Uber’s amazing growth in New Orleans so far.
- Strategic. You’re full of fresh ideas to generate acquisition and engagement.
- Born to network and negotiate. If there’s a major event in town, you know about it and know how to get in and build out your contact list. You’re a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- A self-starter. You can see marketing opportunities and run with them. From cold-calling a festival or event, to doing post-promo analysis on how well the event went, you can own a project from start-to-finish and bring Uber to the masses.
- A utility player. You’re ready to hit the ground running with an all-star team. You’ll contribute to every department and help solve any problem.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results. When we say A/B testing, you know what we’re talking about!
- A content strategist who can also write copy. Clever phrases and creative concepts aren’t all you care about. You’re passionate about developing sound strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate exactly the right message to the right person at the right time.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Execute strategic partnerships and own business development locally
- Establish relationships internally and externally with local organizations and well known brands
- Create engaging campaigns that are promoted on our blog, via emails and on social media
- Lead and manage a variety of initiatives from press announcement to partner events
- Leverage the technology to solve problems and drive solutions in the community
- Effectively hire and manage a street team
- 3+ years of marketing/communications experience
- Field management, experiential marketing, sales, marketing
- Managing integrated marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Managing partnerships from initial cold calling to planning to execution
- Partnership Marketing Business Development experience with experience closing tourism, banking, tech and other corporate deals
- Proficiency in HTML and ExactTarget desired but not required
- Developing and executing content strategy
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of Uber New Oleans.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top