Marketing Manager Intern - Strategy & Campaigns, Zurich
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in EMEA and 11 cities in France with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we're only just getting started.
Strategy and campaigns are a critical part of marketing in Switzerland as it defines and executes marketing campaigns (both online and offline) to build awareness and shape our brand reputation based on research and insights about our users, our partner drivers but also the general population.
This internship role calls for a combination of analytics skills, project management skills, customer marketing, social media expertise and brand reputation. A person in this internship role is comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving problems and is able to thrive in a startup culture.
What you'll do
- Develop, execute and evaluate social media and blog content campaigns
- Rigorously track and monitor past and current campaign performance and user behaviour to recommend strategies and campaigns that will increase engagement
- Run experimentations that will generate tomorrow's insights
- On site support during event and festival partnerships
- Lead a surprise & delight campaign focused on riders or drivers
What you'll need
- Last year or gap year of studies in marketing and communication or business school
- First experience in marketing in roles that include combinations of the following: brand management, social media marketing, integrated marketing strategy and execution, production management (offline and online campaign, video production, etc.)
- Experience executing and handling multi-platform marketing campaigns including web, offline, social, in-app
- Creativity: you're not afraid of big bold bets and have an eye for creative quality and great attention to detail
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking. You use analytics to guide creative campaigns thinking, implementation and support arguments. You value achieving business objectives over accruing creative campaigns
- Hustle. Passion for the mission of our business and the impact it has on the cities we serve. You are a team player with no task too big or too small
- Communication: you are a great communicator and you know how to motivate people and make them adhere to your projects
- Writing skills: you think words matter and can help serve your business objectives
- Fluent in German, excellent English - spoken and written, French a plus
- Photo & video editing skills a big plus
- Duration: 6 months
- Start date: ASAP
- Monthly Internship allowance
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Build personal networks and friendships with talented people from all over the world who share your passion for technology in a fun international work environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top