Marketing Manager - Iberia (Research and Insights)
Uber is a Series E venture-funded start-up headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region.
Our technology allows us to move the physical world: We believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
We're looking for a Marketing Manager to take charge of growing demand, ensuring rider satisfaction and driving our brand awareness in your city.
You'll be tasked with growing brand awareness in portuguese cities and marketing Uber in the most efficient and engaging way possible. You should be as comfortable giving a 15-second elevator pitch about Uber to a stranger as you are to digging into promo analytics. You'll focus on scalable efforts that can be replicated in multiple cities by targeting direct rider acquisition, events and local partnerships.
ROLE CAN BE BASED IN MADRID OR LISBON.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish market research and insights as a core and valuable function at Uber in Iberia and beyond.
- Be the voice of our customers and Uber's audiences, helping Uber understand product usage, brand health and reputation, as well as media impact and effectiveness across our key products
- Closely measure and track brand awareness and perception to know where Uber is in Iberia and where it needs to go.
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including focus groups and interviews, providing a true north for Iberia marketing and product development.
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions to optimize our marketing investment, both across riders and partner-drivers.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent.
- Help test marketing messaging, positioning, and collateral with customers and prospects.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 3 years of experience on consumer marketing research, thriving on consumer passion and user intimacy - understanding why audiences act and feel the way they do, and where brands and technology can help them.
- You are a master of marketing research techniques and are able to lead the execution of studies including briefing, planning, designing, analyzing, and sharing findings.
- You flex muscles on both sides of your brain - creative and analytical to not just do research, but be an idea creator.
- You have a high degree of cross-cultural awareness pertaining to Iberia markets, consumers and media landscapes.
- You have mastered the art and science of market research, insight development, media effectiveness, and data-driven brand and communications strategy recommendations, with a bias towards digital.
- You are a natural storyteller, and communicator and excel at transforming findings into actionable recommendations that drive and support strategic decision making and creative marketing campaigns (digital, social, offline ATL, BTL) to move the business forward.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and work well in cross-functional, dotted-line environments.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top