Marketing Manager - Events & Partnerships
WHO WE ARE:
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. We’re a game-changing startup, providing quality, on-demand car requests from the touch of your phone. A tenacity toward growing our rider base while providing an awesome experience for our current users is critical to our success, and we’re looking for a Marketing Manager who is willing to develop strategic marketing campaigns within our market to do just that.
An Events and Partnership Marketing Manager role is to hustle in their city to scope out, create, and ultimately execute on events and partnerships that are mutually beneficial across a variety of different industries and market segments. The recipe for a strong event/partnership is ensuring that Uber is either solving a problem, answering a need, or capitalising on an opportunity in your city. To make these events/partnerships successful, you will identify partners that align with Uber by driving either rider/driver growth, generating strong brand alignment, and/or pushing innovate ideas. This involves everything from scoping the opportunities in your city to amplifying your events and partnerships by dreaming up and executing creative and scalable marketing campaigns. The Marketing Manager will also execute national partnership campaigns and roll out global products at a local level.
The successful applicant will be both creative, analytical, and entrepreneurial. They’ll have a strong ability to think strategically about business and product opportunities and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value events and partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the country. They’ll have hustle and be willing to execute a number of complicated projects simultaneously week in, week out. Experience in marketing or a passion for creative campaign creation is a plus — They’ll not only dream up and carry out the campaign that gets everyone talking, they’ll also analyse the data and work out how to do it better next time. The right person is comfortable as an individual contributor and as deal lead — A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and hustle is a must.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Through a strong understanding of Uber’s goals and objectives in your city, you will identify, approach and develop local partnership opportunities that meet a particular objective or use case for both parties
- Roll out and execute on Uber’s top national partnership and event opportunities locally while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, operations, legal, BD, social media manager, etc.) and external stakeholders (print houses, designers, construction, etc)
- Create proposals for and execute new marketing partnerships across the entire marketing mix incl.
- Report KPIs that measure the effectiveness of all the partnerships and events that you execute on.
- Develop and execute amplification or integration strategies for specific partnerships, whether it be marketing campaigns/stunts, advertising partnerships, API product integrations, operational partnerships, etc.
- Use analytics to drive performance of our events and partnerships and prioritise initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Playbooking. Document everything. The learnings from today will pave the way for growth in the region and other markets around the world.
- Act as the face of Uber to get everyone as excited about our product as we are!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Partnerships/BD/Product Marketing Experience: You have the ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals. You can identify local partnership opportunities and run with them. From cold-calling a festival or event, to doing post-promo analysis on how well the event went, you can own a deal from start-to-finish and bring Uber to the masses in the most creative way.
- Execution: Own, develop, and execute creative marketing partnerships and events from start to finish. Liaise with internal teams (Comms, Policy, Brand) as well as external stakeholders. Own and manage everything you initiate. Also execute national campaigns at a local level – UberKittens, UberIceCream and beyond!
- Hustle: If there’s a major event in town, you’re there building out your contact list. You’re full of fresh ideas and are skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Analytical Skills: Own the rider metrics in your city and feel confident in monitoring, reporting, and making commercial decisions based on these numbers; Turn raw data into actionable conclusions. Measure the success of campaigns and partnerships, and use learnings to impact rider-side growth, or even launch and own new product development for your market. Identify inefficiencies in the business and create processes that help us scale
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top