Marketing Manager Events Operations - Rio de Janeiro
In just over five years, Uber’s proud to be delivering our service throughout 63 countries in over 344 different cities across the globe. But that’s not enough – we’re always driving new initiatives and new strategies to improve and enhance the Uber experience for our riders and our driver partners. Across all of these markets we are seeking to implement high-impact offline marketing initiatives, lounges, and onsite presence in events. We are looking for a Marketing Manager, Event Operations, who can create and execute offline initiatives, creating magical rider experiences in the toughest, high-visibility locations in Rio.
What You’ll Do
- From Conception to execution. Develop and implement marketing plan for large events, Uber lounges and specific initiatives.
- Coordinate Cross-Functionally. Work with product, design, and engineering teams to execute mkt initiatives
- Business Partner Relations. Work with venues partners (often on-site at their locations) to launch and refine marketing actions
- Manage Budgets. Developing, manage and overseeing the event marketing budget. Throughout the process of contracting vendors and hiring staff aligned with the event budget.
- Measure Results. Track metrics and make data-driven decisions on how partnerships and the operations related to them can improve
- Communicate: Work closely with other Operations Events manager to create and implement logistics for events and marketing initiatives.
What We’re Looking For
- Creative, customer focused mind. Our events are logistical solutions for our event partners that also delight riders and drivers, create a brand experience, and help grow the business. You must be a creative problem solver who puts the customer first in all of your decisions while delivering great business results.
- Detail oriented execution machine. You must be a meticulous planner who can bring every piece to life. You think of everything from the obvious challenges to the smallest details, and plan thoroughly to make sure it’s all covered. When you’re in charge, you make things look easy to people on the outside.
- Analytical, Data-Driven Decision Maker. Not only do you love getting your hands dirty, but you love to see the impact in the numbers — your numbers. You use numbers in your decision making and define success through detailed KPIs. You can dive deep into Uber data to uncover insights about partnership execution, report on results, and use findings to advocate for your needs.
- A strong, personable, communicator and team player. You are comfortable spending the majority of your time working with various internal and external teams in a hyper collaborative environment. You have a can-do attitude and know how to get a clear message across.
- Hustle is your middle name. This team moves fast and always operates in new spaces. You work in the real world with traffic jams, changing security landscapes, and tech outages. You are calm under fire and aren’t afraid to put in the time on the ground to deliver exceptional experiences. You pick up things fast and run with them, wearing as many hats as needed and jumping in to help your teammates where needed. If you need a ton of hand holding, this isn’t the job for you.
- 3+ years experience in events management and operations. Startup experience a plus.
- Experience with large-scale events
- A mind for detail and analytics
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily… thousands of Uber user emails each month? No prob!
- Strong communication, writing, and strategic thinking skills
- Hustle! Ability to help with on the ground execution of large events. Position will require work on weekend during key events
- Ability to develop creative and resourceful solutions.
- College degree in Marketing, Public Relations or similar degree is a plus, not required.
Bottom line: You have to be ready to hustle! You must be ready and excited to get your hands dirty and help build a growing business. You’re the rider advocate and need to bring the voice of Uber to the masses…you ready?
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top