Marketing Manager (Email Marketing) - Johannesburg
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As member of a cross-functional email marketing team, the right person will be comfortable taking initiative, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and can thrive in a fast and growing business environment. This role is all about communicating Uber and the brand to everyone. You should be a tested innovator and have excellent email skills, ready to launch Uber email campaigns that can match our rapidly growing global brand.
What you'll do
- Develop email marketing strategies that engage millions of users across the globe.
- Set-up and deploy complex automated communications within ExactTarget, SendGrid and proprietary internal comms tools.
- Ensure email messaging is 100% accessible to everyone on both web and mobile.
- Manage schedule of deployment to optimise user response and maintain and update email lists.
- Generate, analyse, and interpret data for campaigns.
- Work closely with our policy, communications, product, and business development teams for strategic campaigns.
What you'll need
- Deep knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- At least 3 years experience creating and launching email campaigns using industry standard ESP such as ExactTarget, Responsys, CheetahMail, Campaign Monitor, or similar platform.
- Experience creating and sending large-scale email campaigns.
- Familiarity with CRM or some other form or database management.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Ability to balance a rigorous attention to detail with swift execution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top