Marketing Manager, Content & Email Engagment - Atlanta
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation more affordable and accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth and are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow the city of Atlanta.
The Content and Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for growing brand awareness and spearheading the communications strategy with our customers. As a member of the Atlanta marketing team, the right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, and will be able to thrive in a startup culture. This position will report into the Senior Marketing Manager of Atlanta.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with the marketing team—creating and sending branded content to support ongoing marketing initiatives that acquire new customers and deepen engagement with existing customers
- Be the voice of Uber by designing and authoring content in emails, mobile messages, online, and in-app platforms
- Own email execution, planning, and communication, including developing new processes built for speed and accuracy
- Track and monitor the effectiveness and success of email initiatives using relevant monitoring tools and a variety of A/B testing. Set and deliver on tangible content and campaign goals (i.e. referrals, ROI, engagement, rides, etc.)
- Utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and business development efforts. Prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Develop marketing strategies; set and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Take big-picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with quick timelines for completion
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- An organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented professional with a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years experience in email campaign management, analytics, optimization and copywriting at a brand, agency, or publisher
- An established track record of managing successful marketing and content campaigns from ideation to production
- Experience making data-driven marketing decisions using A/B testing, Google Analytics, Omniture, or similar reporting methods
- Ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a quickly-changing environment
- Competitive by nature and have an entrepreneurial drive
- Base level proficiency in HTML and Excel skills preferred; experience using ExactTarget a plus
- Passionate about Uber
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to affect real change in the city of Atlanta. We’re not just another app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top