Marketing Manager City Success Central America (Costa Rica)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
In this role, you will coordinate and lead local marketing needs while identifying goals and developing strategies centered around said goals. From using paid media to promote events based activities and/or brand partnerships, you will often find yourself working on highly market specific and experimental projects. In addition to this, the team will be a stop gap for all marketing inquiries, resources, and consultation for the entire Uber business. You will have an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving people problems, and has deep media/analytical expertise and can thrive in a startup culture.
What you'll do:
- Manage daily execution of paid social campaigns across Facebook & Twitter etc..
- Setup & execute paid social acquisition campaigns across the region.
- Work on daily reporting & bid and budget optimization to improve the return on investment of your campaigns.
- Constantly be testing - A/B test landing pages, ad copy testing.
- Keep up to date with paid social standard methodologies and strategies.
- Work closely with Facebook & Twitter teams to develop and test new ad formats, targeting strategies, etc.
- Support other team projects and initiatives, remaining flexible and willing to commit.
- Manage and support a wide variety of local marketing campaign requests.
- Speak to the nuances and intricacies found across multiple channels (eg. search, social, mobile, etc.).
- Document marketing methodologies and build resource guides for partners to use marketing efforts.
- Build trust with city team partners and understand city needs/goals, strategy, and success metrics.
- Build and set processes that address local needs in a standardized and scalable manner.
What you'll need:
- +2/4 years of experience in dedicated paid social performance marketing.
- Deep understanding of multiple marketing channels and its impact on performance
- Excellent analytical skills with multivariate testing experience.
- Familiar with CPA, CPC, CPM, ARPU and LTV.
- Ability to set goals and execute under tight deadlines.
- Language – English and Spanish
- Experience in/around a start-up or mobile culture a plus - i.e. you can adapt to quick changes within both the company and mobile industry.
- An understanding of the nuances of both the demand and supply side of a marketplace also a plus.
- Experience working with/managing cross-disciplinary teams (strategy, creative, tech, etc.).
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, plus strong presentation abilities and client service experience.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically inspires people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top