Marketing Manager - Caribbean (based in Mexico City)
We need you to spread the Uber Love to Monterrey & WOW riders!
Uber is proud to deliver our platform throughout over 60 different countries and more than 500 cities across the globe. But that’s not enough—we’re always driving new initiatives and developing new strategies to improve and enhance the Uber experience for our riders and driver-partners.
We regularly execute integrated, data-driven marketing campaigns that delight riders, driver-partners, and the cities we serve every day. A tenacity toward delivering an awesome experience for our users is critical to our success. So, we’re looking for a campaigns-focused marketing manager to develop and execute marketing and brand-building strategies for the Caribbean Region.
- A Hustler. Whatever it is that you want, you go after it and do whatever it takes to win
- Born to network and negotiate. If there’s a major event in town, you know about it and know how to get in and build out your contact list. You’re a people person with persuasive communication skills. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives and to provide advice and guidance that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities. You can prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward. You’ve proven your ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- A self-starter. You can see marketing opportunities and run with them. From cold-calling a festival or event, to doing post-promo analysis on how well the event went, you can own a project from start-to-finish and bring Uber to the masses.
- A utility player. You’re ready to hit the ground running with an all-star team. You’ll contribute to every department and help solve any problem.
- Stoked. You’re constantly wearing a smile and full of energy.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve. You enjoy testing different strategies and tracking the results. When we say A/B testing, you know what we’re talking about!
- Data-driven. You have strong excel skills and can do post-promo analysis on how well a partnership went with your eyes closed.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You’ll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Engage our existing rider base. You’ll be tasked with growing brand awareness throughout the region as efficiently as possible by creating engaging, exciting campaigns (including experiential marketing, integrated campaigns, loyalty programs, and more) for Uber riders. You’ll use strong business judgement, creative problem solving, and data-driven user insights to laser in on the ideas that will make the biggest impact.
- Market newly-launched products. Help develop and execute the product marketing strategy to support the launch of new, exciting products coming on the Uber platform in 2016 and beyond.
- Share the wealth. Campaigns might start in a city or a group of cities, but have a tendency to end beyond that due to the global nature of our business. Based on the success you see, you’ll work with other marketing and business teams to scale your efforts across the region, the nation, and even around the world.
- Bring your analytical A game. Uber is an extremely data-driven company. You’ll use strong analytical skills to identify campaign opportunities and quantify the impact of the campaigns we run, tracking user engagement metrics, media impressions, ROI, and other key metrics.
- 3+ years of program, brand, or project management experience. Demonstrated success in designing and delivering on marketing strategies and programs, in both B2C and B2B environments and/or marketing/advertising agencies if possible.
- Strong creative writing skills and copyediting ability.
- Experience making data-driven marketing and sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, and other analytical tools or insights.
- Skilled at planning, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous and complicated projects.
- The creative problem-solving skills of MacGyver mixed with the all-out hustle of an entrepreneur and the (mental) flexible adaptability of a gymnast.
- A passion for growing the Uber brand both locally and globally!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, healthcare, and equity (shares options).
This is a unique opportunity to be an early employee in one of Silicon Valley’s hottest startups while shaping a new brand in Monterrey. Successful employees have the opportunity to take on leadership roles as we expand to other cities. Our Monterrey team will have all the fun of a true startup, but we will be backed with significant resources (engineering, capital, investors, experience) to help us execute fast.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top