WHO WE ARE
We’re a technology company building something bigger than a great app. We’re reinventing transportation and logistics in 500+ cities worldwide. We’re strengthening local economies, improving access to transportation, and making streets safer. Within our team, we’re offering meaningful ownership, amazing culture, and the rare opportunity to run a business and product that impacts the lives of everyone around you. We’re looking for talented, hard-working, passionate people to grow the business in Western Canada. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the trajectory of one of the world’s fastest growing organizations.
MUST be willing to relocate to Calgary for an interim (6 months – 1 year) period at the onset.
As a Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for implementing and advising on strategic initiatives that drive acquisition and engagement of riders and driver-partners. You’ll own projects that span growth, brand, content, product positioning, user lifecycle management, and retention for both existing and newly-launched regions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Translating complex and varied inputs including market data, market research, consumer insights, and more into actionable campaigns that drive growth or retain users
- Wordsmithing and executing targeted email campaigns, and helping to build the voice of the Western Canada brand
- Working across teams to better understand the customer and derive insights to improve targeting, segmentation in order to acquire users
- Growing existing acquisition channels and bringing new ones into the mix, focusing on results and the scale of the opportunity
- Owning campaign processes from end to end from ideation, execution, to measurement
- Acting as a thought partner and mentor for the marketing team to encourage data-driven approaches and decisions
WHAT YOU’LL DO
A mix of day-to-day activities and broader projects could include:
- Building out a scalable plan to drive user acquisition, loyalty, retention, and advocacy
- Developing and executing a rider growth and education plan for newly-launched cities within the region
- Building the furniture of targeted email marketing campaigns to drive ridership
- Building out go-to-market strategies for new products and in-app features
- Evaluating performance metrics to inform new projects or areas of opportunities
WHO YOU ARE
- You think big. You’re passionate about this role and the Uber brand. Exploration and experimentation is inherent in your process. There’s strong rationale behind every recommendation you make. You have a thirst for knowledge, and curiosity drives you.
- You’re a team player. You’re collaborative, respectful, and willing to give and receive fierce feedback. You iterate quickly and respect deadlines. You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication styles to your audience.
- You’re a hustler. You hold yourself and the team to high standards. You motivate and mentor team members to produce inspiring results. You are very comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and culture.
- You thrive in a startup environment. Building the vision for a new company excites you. You love growing and scaling new ideas, and having your hand in many different projects at once.
- You have an ‘all hands on deck’ attitude. No task is too big or small. You love dabbling in different areas of the business, and lending a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- You’re comfortable with change. You tackle problems head-on. You adapt to shifting priorities, make efficient decisions in the face of tight deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease.
- 4+ years of marketing experience–relevant roles include growth hacking or acquisition specializations, product management, or brand management
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven, growth-oriented environment
- Demonstrated success in leading complex projects, campaigns, and/or teams with full ownership over process and performance
- Strong communication skills, particularly in email and content writing
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive compensation, Salary based on experience
- Equity compensation plan (we want you acting like an owner)
- Monthly set of free Uber rides and meals
- Benefits: Comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision package
- Gym and phone reimbursement
- Flexible vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it!
- Sharp, passionate, and collaborative co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top