Marketing Coordinator, Copywriter and Content Strategist - Malaysia ( Malay-language)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As part of our Malaysia Brand + Campaigns team, you will set the tone for our brand, writing content for rider and driver-facing marketing communications across Uber Malaysia's digital channels, including email, blog, in-app and social.
- Develop email, blog, in-app and social copy while upholding Uber's unique brand voice and editorial guidelines
- Strategize content campaigns and experiments and see them through to execution and measurement
- Develop innovative ideas that will set Uber apart from the competitive landscape
- Partner with colleagues in other departments to develop focused content that drives business impact
- Partner with Uber's in-house design and regional team to find integrated visual/copy solutions
- Continuously test your content marketing efforts to drive actionable insights about our messaging, segmentation and channel strategies
We might be a good match if ...
The details matter to you.
You know every word must do work, and that writing great copy demands great care with every choice. You are just as committed to crafting impressive error messages and navigation labels as you are to brainstorming splashy headlines and big creative concepts. You understand the nuanced implications — sounds, connotations, tone, cadence — of synonyms and syntax, and your itch for elegant language pushes you to polish every line until it shines.
Your writing means business.
You appreciate the art of excellent copy, but you know it's not about creating fine art. You create communications to inform and improve user experiences, but more importantly to persuade and elicit specific actions. Your approach is rooted in bottom-line thinking, using analytics to guide creative decisions and support arguments. You value achieving business objectives over accruing portfolio pieces.
You iterate quickly and respect deadlines.
When it's time to get locked in, you know how to move fast while still being meticulous and conscientious in your work. You know a first draft is never a final draft, so you work through multiple rounds efficiently — thinking all the way through the experience, developing a solid foundation, tinkering, collecting feedback, and refining. You do whatever it takes to keep projects on track while keeping messaging on target.
You dig deep and you go broad.
Exploration is inherent in your process. You devour research to become a subject matter expert, then you come up with a range of concepts for even a single subject line (and everything else you work on). You think through the strengths and weaknesses of a communication strategy, and have thoughtful answers to every question. There's strong rationale behind every recommendation you make, because you tried it a million other ways. Even when you think you have the solution right away, you try honestly to prove yourself wrong.
You are equal parts content strategist and copywriter.
Clever phrases and creative concepts aren't all you care about. You're passionate about developing sound strategy, determining message hierarchies, and developing user experiences that communicate exactly the right message to the right person at the right time. You don't sacrifice clarity or simplicity to protect your own precious gems.
You fight the good fight, and you fight fair.
Selling your work and ideas is one of your most impressive skills. You defend your decisions and push for what you think is right for the business objectives and audience needs, using logic and evidence rather than opinion or emotion to make your case. You do this all with a collaborative spirit that puts the good of the team ahead of your own ego — listening closely to other viewpoints and sincerely considering all feedback, then picking your battles wisely and employing storytelling techniques to win people over.
Your marketing copy gets attention and elicits action.
Compelling, memorable marketing and ad copy is your superpower. You bridge the gap between what a brand wants to say and what the audience wants to hear. You're skilled at translating features into benefits, crafting messages with emotional resonance, and figuring out how to make them stick. Your copy stands out without being sensationalist, clearly communicates the key points, and drives toward the desired result with an irresistible CTA — all while maintaining the brand voice.
You know the words have to look (and feel) right.
Great copy is a key ingredient of great design, and your work shows how you've tailored messages to fit certain spaces, styles, and systems. You recognize that a first draft in a Word doc is just a starting point, and that it rarely survives contact with a design comp. You know when breaking grammar and punctuation rules is the right thing to do for a design solution, and can back it up.
You know the medium matters.
When you write content, you think about how it will be consumed. You understand how desktop vs. mobile, print vs. digital, and push vs. pull affects the way people read and retain information. You're skilled at telling the same story across multiple channels in a way that's integrated yet optimized for every touchpoint.
- Bahasa Melayu is your first language
- 2+ years of marketing/communications experience (preferred but not mandatory)
- Strong conceptual thinker with bold ideas and a fierce approach to problem-solving
- Ability to deliver exceptional copy/content at high volumes under tight timelines
- Ability to apply a well-defined brand voice
- Strong team orientation and proven collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Agency experience (preferred but not mandatory)
- Bachelors or higher in Communications, Journalism or related field (preferred)
- Employees receive free monthly Uber credits!
- Shape the strategic direction of your city. Each city still operates like a start-up and from day 1, you'll be a part of the action.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top