Marketing Coordinator, Analytics Focus - Malaysia
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst in our Malaysia team to provide digital marketing insights and data expertise as we collectively drive growth and enhance user engagement. The right person for this role possesses a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights, predictive modeling and technology used by marketing to achieve our aggressive supply and demand growth goals. This person will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, rider behavior and campaign effectiveness.
As a member of our team with a focus on marketing analytics, you will also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated, define what questions should be asked, and lead collaboration with the Strategy & Operations and Research & Insights team, as well as Regional Marketing. You will offer a strong marketing-driven data perspective while working closely with design, operations and general market management. You will be on the cutting edge of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key decisions through both offline and online efforts.
- Working with Strategy & Operations to drive analysis and research to identify insights and opportunities for growth, while measuring the impact and efficiency of new initiatives
- Mine data and analytics at the rider level to gain a better understanding of their usage behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies.
- Be a key partner on the team. Participate in strategy planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meeting, data prioritization meeting, etc.
- Determine the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments.
- Use existing systems and develop relevant dashboards that provide insights and visualization into rider and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of marketing analytics, database, and SQL experience.
- Management Consulting and/or SQL experience is a plus.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners.
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Tableau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution.
- Employees receive free monthly Uber credits!
- Shape the strategic direction of your city. Each city still operates like a start-up and from day 1, you'll be a part of the action.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you, including family and friends, are using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers with whom to collaborate in an exciting and diverse office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top