Marketing Associate - Ahmedabad (Contract)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
You'll be tasked with inspiring a growing user base to share the Uber experience.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
You'll have great opportunities to develop & foster various skill sets:
- Find the transportation pulse of the city and identify new ways to get the Uber experience in front of new users
- Develop complex brand and event partnerships
- Storyboard and execute innovative marketing campaigns and pop-ups
- Identify and engage with community and brand advocates
- Analyse marketing initiatives and measure ROI
- Spread the UberLOVE through creating exciting blog & social web content
- Tame upset riders and turn them into passionate evangelists
What You'll Need
- 0-2 years of experience in marketing, brand management
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wordpress, etc.).
- Solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted).
- Exhibits the perfect mix of creativity and analytical ability.
- Influencer amongst friends and community.
- A utility player. You're willing to find resolutions to rider issues early, late and often.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily!
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative, analytical and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing skills and can craft everything from emails and blog posts to policies and summaries, easily adjusting your tone/voice accordingly.
- Graceful. You are self aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You'll humbly be the voice of Uber.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
Back to top