Marketing Analytics Manager
We’re looking for a Manager to build our Marketing Analytics Team. The right person for this role has a strong analytical foundation and experience in managing a team of analysts. This person will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, rider behavior and channel effectiveness.
As an early member of marketing analytics, you will also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and define what questions should be asked. You’ll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, retention and partnerships arms.You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that our marketing managers and advertising partner use the best in class tracking technology, marketing tools and systems to maximize the Return on Investment (ROI) on marketing spend.
You will be on the cutting edge of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts.
- Build a strong analytical foundation for the marketing team, ranging from understanding users to measuring campaigns and creating dashboards
- Hire and manage the analytics team
- Build a holistic understanding of our users through data mining and external research
- Be the key problem solver for the marketing team, including ideation and testing solutions
- Build a robust campaign measurement methodology including attribution models and evaluation criteria
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into rider and channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multi-Variate Tests
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions
- Use tools such as SQL, Excel and Tableau to work efficiently at scale
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of analytical and database experience. Marketing analytics, product management or consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience in managing a team of analysts
- Strong data management skills (SQL/R) and very basic scripting proficiency (JS/Python).
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in Taleau or a similar visualization tool a plus.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Hustle is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core competency of our team.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top